Another quick caricature

So we had a very quick assignment recently where we had to caricature ourselves as a superhero (in a sort of cartoony/stylized fashion).  I decided that it might be funny to just do myself (in street clothes), given that I have the power to stay up for ridiculous amounts of time:

Its just a sketch at this point, but I kinda like it that way.  According to my friend Arron, its the best drawing/rendering I've ever done.  Not sure I agree with that, but I do like how it came out, given the time constraints.

(for those of you who are -- or were -- in arch 2: yes, that is white gouache on the paintbrush)

14 comments:

Manuel Dupong said...

Hahaha, i've got similar powers. I can be your nemesis.

Tom Zhao said...

turned out well man, i still think you should add in the cat drinking the coffee off the ground lol

Simon Scales said...

LOL...funny stuff man!! nice rendering

Edmund Liang said...

love the scruffinesssssss.

Arron said...

Haha, I didn't say best rendering but it is my favorite drawing I've seen you do. Lots of character, good stuff.

Arthur Fong said...

so deng awesome. More scruffiness!!!!

pablo pablo said...

Great blog!

Francisco Martins said...

Hana, very nice self portrait man! awesomee! :D

Jparked said...

hahaha this is awesome!

g said...

ahaha damn, that turned out really well :D

Connie Jaio Wong said...

OMG, I love this! Really great rendering. Like the bulging red eye, nice touch. One of the best caricatures I've seen!

Ang said...

lolololololololololololol all i hafta say

Roy Santua said...

Zach,

Totally beautiful pieces you have here, very impressive rendering ability. Totally enjoyed all your stuff %' )

joon ahn said...

man this is totally awesome you !