Some new costume design stuff!

Hey everyone -- thought I might share some new work with you!

Here is something I did for my costume design class. We had to take our inspiration from a piece of architecture then do a costume design for an existing character. I chose the Parthenon for my inspiration, and did the Hebrew Golem myth for my character. For those that don't know, its basically a much older version of the Frankenstein story, except this "creation" is made out of clay.

I did the designs last week:

Did the rendering on Thursday:

Thank you for looking!

A preview of what's to come!

I wasn't happy with the previous rendering of my imaginatomy creature from last term, so I decided to redo it this weekend (I had a light homework weekend). I started this last night and finished it today.


Some stuff from the beginning of this term...

Here is some work from the beginning of the new term. So far, things are going great -- I am enjoying my classes even more than last term!

A greyscale rendering of a "blob character" for Viscomm 4. I did one of the "Misfit Muppets" from my sketchbook.
A closeup of the same character. It seems that blogger/flickr is still messing with my values a little bit. Some of the subtle contrast seems lost. Oh well.

An "experimental" piece for Viscomm 4. I used very non-traditional techniques to arrive at this:

A costume for my Costume Design class. We had to take a photo of an object from a magazine and design a set of 10 variations around it using the motifs established in the source material. Mine ended up as a wrestling costume. Weird, but I had fun with it:

A rather fun assignment for my Color Theory class, which is kind of hard to explain. Basically we had to change the narrative in the first 2 pieces by changing what type of color contrast we used, while still using the same illustration. The third one with the really wacky colors is really just an exercise, and has no narrative.

Some stuff from the end of last term...

It seems that I am way past due on an update here. Here is some stuff from last term.

One of my last assignments for VisComm 3 -- still trying to get better at those man-made objects:
A toy design project that my good friend Tom Zhao and I did together. We made a toyline of lolcats. Here is a small sliver of the thought process that went into the designs:

Here is a shot of the final toy lineup. Tom did the majority of the sculpting. He is a much more adept sculptor than myself:

I have a couple other things that I may or may not throw up here, but thats it for now.

Thanks (as always) for looking!