Mechs!!

So I'm taking this class called "Vehicles and Props" this term, where we got a very open-ended assignment of designing whatever sort of vehicle or prop that we wanted. I decided to do a "Gladiatorial Mech-Suit", which I defined as essentially a large robot manned by a single pilot whose sole purpose is to beat the crap out of other robots for sport on TV. I figure they will all have corporate sponsors like CocaCola, AT&T, etc. Also, I decided it was all hand-to-hand, no projectiles. Think wrestling, but with giant robots. Anyway, here are some of the sketches:





(The first one is a continuation of the one I did over the summer for Carlo Arellano)

I'm amazed at how much I have progressed at designing mechanical objects even since the summer. Its always an awesome feeling to see noticeable progress in your work.

In two weeks I have to finish up the design, as well as do a final rendering. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work! Love mechs! (What was that robot arena combat show called?)

The last page of robots looks sort of familiar though... something about angled heads and sword arms....

Justin said...

nice update zach, hope term is still going well :D

G said...

Really good update. You win 1 internet.

Ang said...

NICEEE! it seems liek fun! just liek what you said haha

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's so cool you took the time to look at my blog! I really appreciate that.

Mauricio Abril said...

Hey, Zach! This is good process. I look forward to seeing the finish. Btw, I just added you to my blog too. I haven't been on blogs in weeks!